Teledyne Seabotix vLBV300 with a Reach 5 Mini just back from a sampling mission
- Built by roboticists who understand research requirements and novel applications.
- Open-source protocol and SDK/API.
- Supplied with hydro-dynamics and DH parameters ready for system modelling.
- High-level of system modification available (control loop gains and readings, kinematic settings etc).
Dual Blueprint Lab manipulators on an SRS Fusion vehicle
SEE WHAT OUR PARTNERS SAY:
“Our research group is focused on designing autonomy capabilities for lightweight underwater vehicle-manipulator systems (UVMS). In our search for the perfect subsystems (robotic arms and underwater vehicles), we came across the Alpha 5 arm that has all the characteristics we were looking for: it is small, lightweight and electrically actuated. The Alpha 5 is integrated with ROS and this is an enormous bonus for us, as we can easily integrate it with the other subsystems in the UVMS configuration. Furthermore, the ease to incorporate this arm with a variety of underwater vehicles made Alpha 5 the ideal choice. The Blueprint Lab team responded to all our questions, they delivered the system without any delays, and they continue to support and answer all our needs after the system has been delivered. In the past months we have used the Alpha 5 arm to investigate a variety of control strategies for underwater manipulation, mostly in controlled environments (water tanks). The system showed great performances and we are extremely happy with the reliability of the system. We are excited to further test the system in more dynamic environments and work together with Blueprint Lab.”
– Corina Barbalata, Assistant Professor, Louisiana State University