OIL AND GAS
Inspection and intervention of offshore oil and gas infrastructure has traditionally been the domain of human divers and large ROVs. Our Reach System manipulators open up new options for offshore service providers aiming to do more with smaller below-work class vehicles. We’re helping service providers in new diver-less inspection applications, minimising down time and reducing risk. Remote operation of our manipulators offers more versatile and safer inspection and intervention opportunities.
BENEFITS TO SERVICE PROVIDERS
- Robust, field-tested system.
- Active compliance on rotate and end-effector joints provide protection against overload and collision.
- The Master Arm controller allows for order-of-magnitude more accurate inspection to class surveyor standards.
- All-electric, zero-oil system for greater reliability.
- Previously unavailable level of dexterity for portable and inspection-class ROVs, enabling Service Providers to do more.
A CT Probe End-effector model performing a simulated surface inspection