Alpha 5 on the VideoRay MSS Defender enabling complex object recovery and placement.
- Clamping and securing of underwater objects and persons during recovery missions.
- Clipping carabiners to lines and eyelets for retrieval missions.
- Object hold and marking for later diver retrace.
- Cutting objects free from tangled line and net.
- AUV and spent ordinance recovery.
BENEFITS DURING RECOVERY OPERATIONS
- High-usability and intuitive control. Cut your operator training to a minimum.
- Active compliance on rotate and end-effector joints provide protection against overload and collision.
- High-Clamping Force. Grab with confidence.
- High dexterity manipulation. Multiply your capability beyond a standard grabber to reach complex locations during recovery operations.
The Alpha 5 on BlueRobotics BlueROV2 grabs hold of a mooring line for marking and recovery.
See the Reach System Grabber in action during a simulated recovery operation
A Rotating Grabber is used during a search and rescue test conducted by the Hutterian Emergency Aquatic Response Team (HEART). Watch as the grabber successfully performs complex underwater manoeuvres during the simulated emergency scenario.