SPECIAL RECOVERY OPERATIONS
Civil and Military Professionals use our equipment on their ROVs for recovery operations in oceans, lakes, and rivers. In these critical circumstances, operators need system reliability and usability confidence. With existing, proven vehicle integrations on some of the leading portable vehicles, our actuators are tough and enable success.
Alpha 5 on the VideoRay MSS Defender enabling complex object recovery and placement.
- Clamping and securing of underwater objects and persons during recovery missions.
- Clipping carabiners to lines and eyelets for retrieval missions.
- Object hold and marking for later diver retrace.
- Cutting objects free from tangled line and net.
- AUV and spent ordinance recovery.
BENEFITS DURING RECOVERY OPERATIONS
- High-usability and intuitive control. Cut your operator training to a minimum.
- Active compliance on rotate and end-effector joints provide protection against overload and collision.
- High-Clamping Force. Grab with confidence.
- High dexterity manipulation. Multiply your capability beyond a standard grabber to reach complex locations during recovery operations.
The Alpha 5 on BlueRobotics BlueROV2 grabs hold of a mooring line for marking and recovery.
See the Reach System Grabber in action during a simulated recovery operation
A Rotating Grabber is used during a search and rescue test conducted by the Hutterian Emergency Aquatic Response Team (HEART). Watch as the grabber successfully performs complex underwater manoeuvres during the simulated emergency scenario.