Be Confident. The Reach 7 is a subsea electric 7-Function robotic manipulator that opens up a new set of compact inspection and manipulation opportunities for your ROV or autonomous underwater vehicle.
Designed to conduct Inspection, Maintenance, and Repair (IMR) tasks usually reserved for human divers, this seven-function robotic manipulator is compact, lightweight, smart and tough. Its form factor was designed for industry leading inspection-class ROV operators making it a ready-to-go option for existing fleets.
The Reach 7 enables complex inspection tasks, underwater valve manipulation, and Special Recovery Operations. With a large operating envelope and master arm controller, this underwater manipulator provides a previously unavailable capability multiplier to ROV operators.
Underwater, land, air, nuclear – the Reach System is environment agnostic.
- Ready-built and designed for industry leading inspection-class ROVs and autonomous vehicles
- Master Arm Controlled
- Electric, Zero Oil
- Highly Modular and Configurable; 1 to 7-function versions available
- End-effector tool interchangeable (grabbers, probes, cutters)
- Embedded controllers – no additional POD for the ROV. Go skidless?
- Adjustable grab force – pick up a sea urchin or cut a cable
- One-click home position
- Corrosion and scratch resistant anodized aluminium
- On-board high-performance GPU for advanced applications and custom development
- Electrical and USB interface for ROV tools and sensors
- Manipulator Reach: 0.85m
- Max Outer Diameter: 90mm
- Manipulator lift at full reach: 12kg
- Joint Speed: 120deg/s (configurable)
- Grabber Opening: 210mm
- End-effector Accuracy: <1cm
- Underwater Weight: 4.5kg
- Subsea Depth Rating: 300-6000MSW
- Electric Voltage Input: 24-48V
- Power Requirement: 800W Max
- Bus Control: RS485/Ethercat.
1 to 7-Function – select the manipulator required to suit your underwater application and vehicle configuration.
Lowering costs and expanding capabilities for the offshore oil and gas community.
Offshore Oil and Gas Applications:
- Complex inspection of pipes and welds with NDT probes (CP, UT etc)
- Valve and other manifold manipulation
- Object placement and recovery
- Close Visual Inspection (CVI) of infrastructure
Reducing risk and increasing Rate of Effort (ROE) for the Mine Clearance Diver and EOD community.
- Underwater Special Recovery Operations (SRO)
- Counter Improvised Explosive Device (C-IED) Operations
- Navy Search and Rescue Operations
- Downed aircraft, AUV, and other object recovery
- Carabiner and magnetic attachments
We’ve worked with ROV manufacturers, offshore oil and gas service providers, and single ROV owners to ensure that integration of our robotics is smooth. Whatever your situation, get in touch to help us understand your requirements.
Tell us what you need.