REACH 5 MINI
Be confident. The Reach 5 Mini is a tough and reliable multi-function electric manipulator designed for complex environments. With highly-accurate joint position measurement, and our master/slave topside controller, the Reach 5 Mini is the worlds smallest, smartest, and most dexterous manipulator for the portable ROV community. A must for operators in the new era of close inspection work and complex intervention.
- Highly Modular and Configurable – 3, 4 or 5 function versions available.
- Quick Change End-effector (Options: Quad-Jaw, Pincer, 17mm Rope Cutter)
- Embedded controllers – no additional POD (WYSIWYG)
- Adjustable grab force – pick up a sea urchin or cut a cable
- Active Compliance – enables safe lifting of unbalanced, heavy objects and optimizes stability of the ROV
- Validated and proven on leading vehicles including Seabotix vLBV, VideoRay, SRS Fusion, and BlueROV2.
- One-click home position
- Overcurrent protection
- Undervoltage / overvoltage protection
- Reverese Polarity Protection
- Corrosion and scratch resistent anodized aluminium.
- Max Closing Force: 600N
- Push-rod axial load rating: 100kg
- Length: 0.5m
- Outer Diameter: 40mm
- Lift at full reach: 2.5kg
- Water Weight: 0.9kg
- 300m Depth Rating
- Voltage Input: 18-30V
- Power Requirement: 35W Max
- Bus Control: RS232/485
Standard Connector: Teledyne 6 Pin EI(W)-55 Impulse Connector
17mm Rope Cutter
A plug and play graphic interface for controlling, monitoring and configuring all available RS1 modules
- Communicates over serial or UDP.
- Provides intuitive control of position, velocity and current.
- Monitoring of force, voltage and temperatures.
- Customisable limits of position, velocity and force.
Some of our validated vehicle integrations:
- VideoRay (MSS Defender, Pro4, Pro5)
- SRS Fusion
- Teledyne Seabotix vLBV
- Inspection Class ROVs (e.g. SAAB SeaEye Falcon)